Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

Sam and George

This fellow named Sam has been riding motorcycles for 25 years and is finally sick of fixing them. He quits his job and buys 50 acres of land in Alaska, as far from humanity as possible. He sees the postman once a week, and buys his groceries once a month. Otherwise, it's total peace and quiet. One evening, after six months or so of total isolation, Sam is finishing dinner when someone knocks on his door. He opens it and there's a big, bearded wilderness man standing there. "Name's George...your neighbor from 20 miles over the next mountain...havin' a party this coming Saturday...thought you'd like to come" "Great, after six months of this I'm ready to meet some local folks. Thank you." As George is leaving, he stops. "Gotta warn you, there's gonna be some drinkin'." "Not a problem, after 25 years of riding motorcycles, I can do that with the best of them." Again, as he starts to leave, George stops. "More than likely there's gonna be some fightin' too." "Damn," Sam thinks, "tough crowd. Well, I get along with people. I'll be there. Thanks again." Once again, George turns from the door. "I've seen some wild sex at these parties too." "Now that's not a problem," says Sam, "remember, I've been alone for six months. I'll definitely be there!... By the way, what should I wear to the party?" George stops in the door again and says, "Whatever you want...it's just gonna be the two of us."

contributed by Elwyn Mallari, RN
San Francisco General Hospital





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?